Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What's Happening Now

I survived the surgery, post surgery and now I’m in it for the long haul. With cast on leg I will venture through this crazy world, hopefully not skidded across the floor on my crutches. The incision is approximately eight inches up the back of my leg and my legs were the only good part left. I guess modeling for Playboy is really out. Bummer!

I’ve been getting reports of the real world, but I’m only connected to what is happening inside the house and what I can see out the window, so I turn to t.v. Thank God for cable. If I hadn’t some type of advanced television hook-up how would I know what the life of an Alaskan Crab Fisherman was really like? How would I have learned about all the jobs I don’t want to be doing? I now know what the first year of a panda’s life is like. The trials and tribulations of a teenager desperately wishing to be something different and transforming through sweat and tears into that something, entertained me for an entire afternoon. Hell, I even know things about transsexuals I didn’t know before. The little facts I’ve learned will completely drive my friends nuts over the next few months. I’m saturating myself in useless knowledge. I apologize now for all I will bestow upon you.

Each day I’m able to spend more and more time upright before the throbbing leg sends me back to the couch. And it’s happening right now, so I shall write more later.

1 comment:

Heather Leigh said...

Did you break the news to Hef?