Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Know anyone in need of a family?

I've listed my contemporary doll house family on eBay. Normally when listing something on eBay I have no problem just letting it go. But this little family has been a real thorn in my side. I made them for the express reason to sell, but I don't like two things about them: the dad's hair and the baby's face. So now I'm petrified someone will buy them and have the same issue. How can I worry though? That's the artists' predictament. When you create something a little bit of you is in it. So if someone critizes something I made, it's as if they are critizing me. I think it's funny that I get more worked up about what people are going to think about my art than my kids. I mean my kids actually do have parts of me in them, but they also have freewill, so I can't control everything they do. I can however control everything about my "art."

Anyway, here's the family for your critical analysis. Thread lightly.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

They are adorable! I like the little monster on the boys shirt. You are an artist! Only you will know when your work matches the vision that you had for it. What anyone else thinks really doesn't matter.

kid_curry said...

I wish it was as easy in my mind.

~Amy said...

Your chili rocks.

Heather Leigh said...

I like the DINOSAUR on the boy's shirt (geesh, Mindy, a MONSTER?!?!? Come ON...she said THREAD LIGHTLY!) tee hee Actually, that is my favorite part.

Mindy said...

I wasn't sure what it was so I said "Monster" hoping that it is a catchall category that includes Dinosaur. (threading lightly)