Friday, January 18, 2008

Cast Off for New Adventures

I am cast free, but still non-weight bearing. I’ll be on the crutches for at least another two weeks. I have very easy range of motive exercises to do. Thankfully, I can take a bath tomorrow and I can sleep without a cast tonight. The scar is presently totally disgusting. Nothing like dried blood to make your leg look lovely. The scar is long, somewhere around 9 inches. Best part, it’s a thin little line. I believe Mindy’s fix of wearing hose with a seam to all fancy events will solve the problem. Well, except for the problem that I hate wearing hose.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I know! You could get a magic marker the exact color of your scar and then DRAW the lines up your bare legs to LOOK like seams. That also solves the problem of them twisting around and looking wrong. Am I just full of helpful solutions or what?

Happy Cast Off Day!

Laura said...

The funny part about this whole thing is that Mindy is usually so sweet, helpful, and supportive, it gets difficult to know when she crosses over to irony and sarcasm. Which makes it all the more deliciously wicked. You're almost through the woods with this Kendrea. Don't buy any tools of satan (pairs of hose) until this thing heals completely. Why is it that scars are sexy on men, but not us? Me, I want my c-section scar to be considered sexy! And your leg! Battle scars of life, received courageously by real women!

Heather Leigh said...

"Battle scars of life, received courageously by real women!" sounds like the title of a coffee table book.

Laura said...

Yeay! I'll write my first book then. Whose going to show me their scars?