Thursday, January 31, 2008

Not a flake.

It's 12:04 am friday. I was told by my favorite weatherman, the first flakes would start to fall at 6:00pm thursday. Lies! It's all lies. Not a flake has flown.

However, I am able to walk. Yes you heard it here first. I can walk. It hurts like hell. Not even just the walking parts, but my whole body hurts like hell from bracing to walk. My foot feels like it's made out of marble or maybe granite. Which is harder?

Anyway, each step, no pun intended, of this little Achilles adventure has been difficult, but managable. I'm sure I will eventually loosen my foot back up.

Oh, there is bad news. For the last week I've been experiencing a burning sensation in my right calf. Confirmed by the doctor today and known for about a week by me the other Achilles is pissed and showing it. Hopefully being able to distribute the weight evenly will chill things out and I won't have to go through this again anytime soon.

On a side note . . . over the course of healing I spent so much time sitting or in the wheel chair that the kids actually looked shorter to me when I could finally stand straight up. Weird!

BTW, still no flakes.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Granite is harder than Marble. (I looked it up.)

Congrats on your walking! Be careful with the other foot.