Wednesday, November 28, 2007

28 Days

It’s been 28 days since my last sip of Diet Pepsi. If I were an alcoholic or a drug addict I’d be leaving rehab today. I’d be entering the world of temptation and enticement. While in rehab I would have learned coping skills. Hours and hours would have been spent trying to recover, to weed through those things I should shun and the friends, the enablers, I should evade. Yet there was no Diet Pepsi Rehab available to me. I have had to fight my battle alone. With only willpower on my side I ventured forth. This addiction that haunted me so, I battled it and I believe I have come out victorious. At this point, I can say I have not had one sip and only a couple cravings, triggered by the taste of pizza.

There have been a couple of differences. Getting out of bed in the morning is much easier. This happened the last time I got the monkey off my back. The alarm goes off and I’m up ready to take on the day. My headaches have also decreased.

It’s all been positive so far. I will soldier on.

1 comment:

Heather Leigh said...

toot! toot! I'm so excited for you, and is it a kwinky dink that your 28th day of being dp free is ON the 28th???